Followers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Holiness is a journey ... not a destination

My last post was on December 23. As you can tell a month has passed since I've even taken time to record my thoughts. Busyness has taken over. I have been consumed with my new job and the chaos of learning new stuff. Leaving little margin in my life for hearing God's voice.

Lately in my study I've been studying Leviticus and becoming increasingly convicted about the holiness that God requires. In Leviticus it was of the newly established priesthood. Yet the same holds true today in the priesthood of all believers... including me.

This is where it gets dangerous. In Lev 10, we see two priests losing their life because their worship was unauthorized. So while I've been going through the motions, I'm positive that my worship has not been with the same standard of holiness that God demands and deserves.

I usually jump into things expecting perfection immediately... I must continue to remind myself that holiness is a journey... and God will use all things in my life - including a new job - to bring about holiness in my life. I cannot expect it to be a destination. Please dear Jesus, don't give up on me yet...I'm still trying.

No comments: